Steve Pemberton is a speaker and author. His book that will be a movie soon, “A Chance In The World,” is all about his childhood and growing up in foster care. Steve spoke about how one of his foster families was physically and mentally abusive.
They tried to manipulate the system and only fostered him for money. Steve didn’t let them break his spirit and made it out to become a success story. He now helps other foster kids with his foundation and they will be able to get mentored by others. Steve believes that helping these kids will give them the chance they need and deserve.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Suspect Surrenders After Multiple Philadelphia Police Officers Shot in North Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Shooting: Gunman Surrenders Following Standoff With Police, Nine Cops Injured
- Update: 6 Police Officers Shot, 1 injured in North Philadelphia
- Watch: Christian Rapper S.O. Releases Concept Video About Social Media “Goals”
- Lauren Daigle, For King & Country And Kirk Franklin Lead As The 50th Annual Dove Awards Nominees Announced
- Gospel Singer C West Ties The Knot With Long-Time Girlfriend [PHOTOS]
- How Almost Losing His Life Inspired Brandon Gaines Of BET’s ‘Sunday Best’ New Single ‘Great Are You Lord’
- Ashley Graham & Her Hubby Announce Their Expecting A Baby [PHOTOS]
- Caring For Black Moms: The Heartwarming Story Of Doodle For Google Winner Arantza Peña Popo
- Choirmaster Ricky Dillard Inks New Deal With Motown Gospel