Steve Pemberton is a speaker and author. His book that will be a movie soon, “A Chance In The World,” is all about his childhood and growing up in foster care. Steve spoke about how one of his foster families was physically and mentally abusive.
They tried to manipulate the system and only fostered him for money. Steve didn’t let them break his spirit and made it out to become a success story. He now helps other foster kids with his foundation and they will be able to get mentored by others. Steve believes that helping these kids will give them the chance they need and deserve.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Praise! Pastor Says Boy Thrown From Balcony Is In Recovery, No Brain Damage
- Bishop T.D. Jakes Shares How The Death Of His Mother & Daughter Getting Pregnant At A Young Age Inspired His New Book
- Get Up & Move Exercise Of The Week: Dawn Strozier and Tor Campbell Take You Through Moves That Will Get You Hype [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Facebook’s Faith-Based Director Shares How Churches Can Use Social Media To Grow Their Audience
- Solomon Jones’ BIG THREE: Why Is The Kate Smith Statue Gone, But The Rizzo Statue Is Still There?
- Solomon Jones’ BIG THREE: FBI Arrests 69-Year-Old Militia Leader Whose Group Boasts Ties to U.S. Border Patrol
- Solomon Jones BIG THREE: Bombs Tear Through Sri Lankan Churches And Hotels, Killing More Than 200 People
- Jussie Smollett’s Older Brother Breaks His Silence In Powerful Essay
- ABC to Reboot Both “All In The Family” and “The Jeffersons” for One-Time Special in May
- I Want God: Maurette Brown Clark Cries Out to the Lord in New Single