Steve Pemberton is a speaker and author. His book that will be a movie soon, “A Chance In The World,” is all about his childhood and growing up in foster care. Steve spoke about how one of his foster families was physically and mentally abusive.
They tried to manipulate the system and only fostered him for money. Steve didn’t let them break his spirit and made it out to become a success story. He now helps other foster kids with his foundation and they will be able to get mentored by others. Steve believes that helping these kids will give them the chance they need and deserve.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Apple To Help Build First-Of-Its-Kind Learning Center For The HBCU Community In Atlanta
- Leah J Of Black Girls Do Talks The Importance A Powerful Clubhouse Image
- Philly Ms.Tootsie’s Owner, KeVen Parker Passes Away at 57
- Mompreneur Melissa Dewgard Created My Melanin Fits To Celebrate The Culture. Period.
- Keke Palmer Says Too Much Makeup Is Not The Root To Bad Acne
- 6 Expert Tips For Safely Straightening Your Natural Hair At Home
- 5 Times Regina Gave Us High Fashion Glamour
- Alicia Keys Launches New Skincare Products Through Her Beauty Brand Keys Soulcare
- Retired PA Firefighter Arrested For Hitting Officers With Fire Extinguisher During U.S. Capitol Riots
- Cleveland Schools Employee Photographed At VP’s Chair During Capitol Riot Arrested