Steve Pemberton is a speaker and author. His book that will be a movie soon, “A Chance In The World,” is all about his childhood and growing up in foster care. Steve spoke about how one of his foster families was physically and mentally abusive.
They tried to manipulate the system and only fostered him for money. Steve didn’t let them break his spirit and made it out to become a success story. He now helps other foster kids with his foundation and they will be able to get mentored by others. Steve believes that helping these kids will give them the chance they need and deserve.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Solomon Jones’ Big Three: Incarceration vs. Education: America Spends More On Its Prison System Than It Does On Public Schools – And California Is The Worst
- Solomon Jones’ Big Three: 16 States File Lawsuit To Stop Trump’s National Emergency Declaration
- Spike Lee and Chadwick Boseman Team Up For A Netflix Project
- SOP Memory Scripture For The Week – Psalm 37:5
- End Of A Era: Payless To Close All 2,100 Stores In The United States
- Sailor Behind Iconic World War II Times Square Kiss Photo Dies at 95
- Solomon Jones’ Big Three: New Evidence Suggests Jussie Smollett Orchestrated Attack
- Solomon Jones’ Big Three: ‘Old-School’ Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney Deleted Years’ Worth Of Cell Phone Text Messages
- Solomon Jones’ Big Three: 11-Year-Old Arrested After Refusing To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance
- Win A Free Trip To The Stellar Awards