Gospel singer, Jason Nelson spoke to Erica Campbell about his new song “Forever.” The song was partially written by his wife and she came in singing a melody and it just worked. Nelson talked about having a responsibility to give people not just good music, but make sure people can hear God in it.
The song is not just a love song, but an ode to God. He likes that fans love to hear his voice, but it’s more to the song than just that. Nelson wants them to worship God with the song. His album will drop later on this year and he hopes fans find meaning in it.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6pm ET.
RELATED: A Prayer From Jason Nelson [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis Speak On How They’ve Evolved With 30 Years In The Music Industry, New Album & More
- #SistasRockTheVote: Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon Martin’s Mother, Running For Office
- Kelontae Gavin Debuts Music Video For New Single, “There’s No One Like You”
- #BlackExcellence: Billionaire To Pay Off 2019 Morehouse Grads’ Student Loan Debt
- Kirk Franklin Debuts Music Video For New Song, “OK”
- Tom Joyner Foundation Launches Exciting New Podcast-HBCUbiquity
- Search For Missing 4-Year-Old Maleah Davis Continues Near Texas Haunted House
- Jonathan Nelson’s #Jily Challenge Heats Up!
- ‘Churchy Date’ App Wants To Help Christians Find Love
- Uber Rolls Out New “Quiet Mode” Feature And Other Changes
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
1. Marvin WinansSource: 1 of 12
2. William MurphySource: 2 of 12
3. Jason NelsonSource: 3 of 12
4. Deitrick HaddonSource: 4 of 12
5. Travis GreeneSource: 5 of 12
6. Warryn CampbellSource: 6 of 12
7. Kim BurrellSource: 7 of 12
8. Charles JenkinsSource: 8 of 12
9. Marvin SappSource: 9 of 12
10. Smokie NorfulSource: 10 of 12
11. William McDowellSource: 11 of 12
12. Shirley CaesarSource: 12 of 12
Jason Nelson Talks About How His Songs Will Impact People [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com