These winter months have us not moving around as much and some of us may experience leg cramps.
A muscle cramp occurs when a muscle involuntarily contracts. It often occurs during a sport or other exercise, but a muscle can spasm even during sleep.
The ADAM Encyclopedia offers these suggestions for alleviating or preventing a muscle cramp:
- Stop your activity right away, and perform some gentle stretching or massage.
- Heat the muscle while it’s cramping. Apply ice for pain later.
- Take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug to help manage pain.
- Drink plenty of water, a sports drink or take a salt tablet.
- Don’t push yourself beyond your limit while working out.
- Be sure to include enough potassium in your diet.
- Stretch your muscles regularly.
Social Media Trolls Jada Pinkett Smith Posting Throwback Video of Tupac Dancing to A Fresh Prince Song
What are the benefits of having faith?
NFL Confirms Usher To Headline Super Bowl LVIII In Las Vegas
Temple’s Acting President, JoAnne A. Epps, Has Died at age 72
Kirk Franklin Shares Emotional “Father’s Day” Documentary; Social Media Responds
Viral Philadelphia Influencer ‘Meatball’ Has Been Arrested For Inciting A Riot
Flight attendant Found Dead with Cloth in Mouth at Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Powerful Quotes to Uplift Black Men