Are you concerned about the health of your bones as you age? There are many treatments for bone conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis and other joint issues. Maybe the best way to treat those issues is to prevent them.
Here are some ways to get you started:
- Work on those quads. Strengthening your thighs can reduce the amount of pain or stiffness in the knees.
- Get your omega-3 fatty acids. The more fatty acids consumed, the better your bone mineral density.
- Take in Vitamin D. Vitamin D assists your body in absorbing calcium, which in turn, allows your bones to stay strong.
- Quit smoking. There is an increased risk of bone fracture in women who smoke.
- Find time to exercise. The simple act of walking can strengthen your muscles, aid in weight loss and reduce the strain on your joints.