In contrast to this year’s remarkable surge, millions of Social Security beneficiaries are set to see a more moderate 3.2% increase in their benefits for 2024, aligning with the stabilization of consumer prices.
The Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA) will result in the average recipient receiving an additional $50 or more per month, starting in January, as stated by the Social Security Administration.
This change comes on the heels of an extraordinary 8.7% benefit increase this year, driven by 40-year-high inflation rates, which significantly impacted the cost of consumer goods. However, with the gradual easing of inflation, the forthcoming annual increase is noticeably smaller.
source: The DMV Daily
- When Will Judge Rule Whether Fani Willis Is Disqualified From Trump RICO Case?
- 73-year-old New Jersey Man Credits Apple Watch for saving his life
- Philadelphia-Area Nurse Becomes First Black Woman to Compete in Women’s U.S. Polo Championship
- Father Of Hydeia Broadbent Launches GoFundMe Following Activist’s Death
- Philly City Council Pushes Bill Allowing High School Student-Athletes to Make Promo Deals
- Reading Terminal Market Celebrates 131 Years with Pep Rally & Free Food Giveaway
- High School Students Accused Of Creating Online ‘Slave Auction’ In ‘Black People Are Low Class’ Snapchat Group
- White Folks Are Mad At Black-Owned Business Fair In North Las Vegas For Black History Month
- Malcolm X In His Own Words: Rare Videos Of El Hajj Malik El Shabazz That Are Still Relevant
- Jackson State Paid $800K To End Decades-Long HBCU Football Tradition, Documents Show
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Social Security Recipients Set To Get A Cost of Living Boost In 2024 was originally published on woldcnews.com
What are the benefits of having faith?
Ex-Hubby Kevin Hunter Sues ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ For Wrongful Termination
Owners of Tony Luke’s Cheesesteak Chain Sentenced to Prison in $8M Tax Fraud Scheme
Powerful Quotes to Uplift Black Men
One Vote 2024: Urban One Launches Initiative To Empower Black Voters
Wendy Williams’ Rep Questions ‘The Source’ of Host’s Instagram Post
Escaped Philadelphia Teen Prisoner Shane Pryor Captured by U.S. Marshals
Why Being Friends Helps You Stay Together | Dr. Willie Jolley