A man tells about the the historic, “Safe Bus” America’s first black-owned company, which his grandfather worked for, while another woman tells us about the 15-year-old who refused to give up her seat on the bus nine months prior to Rose Parks. Then, another caller tells us about Jan Matzeliger, the black man who invented the Lasting Machine. Before he invented it, workers were making shoes entirely by hand.
After his patent was acquired by a major shoe company, machines made up to 700 shoes a day. It opened the shoe-making business to employ tons more workers and supply high-quality, low-cost shoes to people around the world. Click on the audio player to hear more about him this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- #TheBig3 – Armed Deputy Who Failed To Confront Gunman At Florida School School Resigns & More!
- #TheBig3 – Trump Suggest Arming Teachers As Solution To Increase School Safety & More!
- Tisha Campbell Martin Files For Divorce
- True Hollywood Bible Stories: Jesus Feeds The Masses [EXCLUSIVE]
- Holy Grounds! Andra Day’s ‘Stand Up For Something’ vs Snoop Dogg’s ‘Blessing Me Again’
- 7 Times Michelle Obama’s Tweets Have Inspired You And Shut Down Melania Trump’s
- Tyler Perry Comes To The Rescue Of A Church In Need
- Love Talking: The Beauty Of Keeping Your Word [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Be Honest [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Don’t Break Girl Code [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]