We all get a little down and sometimes we turn to food for a little “pick me up.” Below are ten foods that can help put you in a better mood:
1. Dark chocolate– Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, helps reduce anxiety and depression.
2. Salmon– Fights depression, helps memory and improves focus.
3. Spinach-It protects against free radicals that contribute to low energy and mood swings.
4. Chicken-Vitamin B12 in the white meat has a calming effect.
5. Tofu-This soy product is great for relaxing tired muscles.
6. Avocado-Not only does it contain a mood-boosting serotonin, but also avocado is great for your skin, hair and nails.
7. Greek yogurt– Probiotics improve your mood and boost the immune system.
8. Green tea-The theanine in green tea is a calming agent.
9. Berries-The nutrients in blueberries, strawberries and raspberries help reduce stress and ease depression.
10. Walnuts-Like salmon, walnuts are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which help fight off depression and mood swings.
Source: Cosmopolitan Magazine
What are the benefits of having faith?
Powerful Quotes to Uplift Black Men
NFL Likely to Take Action After Eagles Director of Security Was Involved in a Player Altercation
Kylie Kelce Autographed Vintage Philadelphia Eagles Jacket Sells for $100,000 at Auction
What Happened To Shakeira Rucker? Black Mother’s Body Found In Florida Storage Unit
3 ‘Karens’ And A ‘Karen’ Cop: These Viral Videos Show Why Racial Profiling Reports Still Matter
A Sound That Defines A People: Henry Louis Gates Jr. Announces New PBS Series ‘GOSPEL’
5 Ways to Show Respect on Memorial Day