Do you have trouble remembering names? Here is a five-step plan to help make names stick.
- Soon after you’re introduced, say the person’s name aloud. This does two things: It validates that you heard the name correctly and it allows you to hear the name in your own voice.
- Keep saying the name — at least three times in the conversation.
- Be a good conversationalist. Ask questions that require more than a “yes” or “no” answer.
- Think about the person’s name. Try to make a vivid link with the name and something he or she says.
- End the conversation with the person’s name.
Source: The Complete Sheet