To help educate all Americans on Memorial Day’s importance, the National WWII Museum is launching a number of initiatives, including a new website, www.mymemorialday.org, which offers 10 things anyone can do to share and commemorate the holiday. The Museum’s Memorial Day suggestions include:
- Thanking a veteran.
- Placing an American flag on the grave of a veteran.
- Visiting a military museum or historic military site.
- Writing a veteran and thanking them for their services to the nation.
- Organizing a community-wide observance.
- Honoring a veteran with a brick at The National WWII Museum.
- Changing their Facebook profile to an American flag.
- Writing a letter to the editor of a local newspaper to remind their community about Memorial Day’s significance.