Here is a collection of powerful and inspirational quotes from prominent African American men:
1. “I am what time, circumstance, history, have made of me, certainly, but I am also, much more than that. So are we all.” – James Baldwin
2. “Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such method is love.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “The only justification for ever looking down on somebody is to pick them up.” – Jesse Jackson
4. “I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.” – Langston Hughes
5. “The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself-the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us-that’s where it’s at.” – Jesse Owens
6. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
7.“There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time.” — Malcolm X
8. “The African-American experience is one of the most important threads in the American tapestry.” – Bill Frist
9. “We should emphasize not Negro History, but the Negro in history. What we need is not a history of selected races or nations, but the history of the world void of national bias, race hate, and religious prejudice.” – Carter Woodson
10. “Defining myself, as opposed to being defined by others, is one of the most difficult challenges I face.” – Carol Moseley-Braun
11.“When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” – George Washington Carver
12. “Black people cannot and will not become integrated into American society on any terms but those of self-determination and autonomy.” – Gerda Lerner
13. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
I hope you’ve enjoyed these inspirational quotes.
What are the benefits of having faith?
Powerful Quotes to Uplift Black Men
Blind Dates to New Heights: Meet Eagles Legend Jason Kelce’s Wife, Kylie Kelce
God Comes Through | Ericaism
What Happened To Shakeira Rucker? Black Mother’s Body Found In Florida Storage Unit
Wait With Patience | Faith Walking
Kylie Kelce Autographed Vintage Philadelphia Eagles Jacket Sells for $100,000 at Auction
A Sound That Defines A People: Henry Louis Gates Jr. Announces New PBS Series ‘GOSPEL’