The “Word of the Day” I gave you earlier this morning was “thankful.” It was inspired by the scripture, 1 Thessalonians 5:18 which says, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
It is the week of “Thanksgiving” and my “Midday Message” is to encourage you to “Be Thankful.”
- Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
- Be thankful when you don’t know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
- Be thankful for the difficult times, it’s during those times you grow.
- Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.
- Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character.
- Be thankful for your mistakes, because they will teach you valuable lessons.
To be honest, it’s so easy to be thankful for the good things. But a life of true fulfillment is when you learn to be thankful for the setbacks as well. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and watch them become your blessings.
“Like” me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/theangelofinspiration or follow me on Twitter @cecemcghee. Plus, sign up for your Daily Faith Lift™ by joining my text club. Text the keyword CeCe to 37890.