Praise Featured Video
The Law Has Changed!
You need to bring one of these PHOTO IDs to the polls on November 6:
 PA driver’s license: currently valid or expired less than 12 months.
 An ID issued by PennDOT: currently valid or expired less than 12 months.
 A currently valid U.S. passport. Expired passports will not be accepted.
 An active duty or retired U.S. military ID, including the PA National Guard: an indefinite expiration date will be accepted.
 A currently valid military dependent’s ID. Expired IDs will not be accepted.
 A currently valid employee ID issued by federal, PA, PA county or PA municipal government. Expired IDs will not be accepted.

 A currently valid ID issued by a PA university, college, seminary, community college or two-year collegeto students, faculty, employees and alumni. Expired IDs will not be accepted.
 A currently valid ID issued by a PA care facility (such as a long-term care nursing facility, assisted living res-idence or a personal care home). Expired IDs will not be accepted.
If you need a PHOTO ID
FREE photo IDs are available at PennDOT driver’s license centers if you sign
an affidavit that you need the ID in order to vote.
You must bring:
 A Social Security card, and
 An official birth certificate (with a raised seal), certificate of U.S. citizenship, certificate of naturalization or a valid U.S. passport, and
 TWO proofs of residency, e.g., lease agreement, mortgage documents, W-2 form, tax records or current utility bill (cell phone bills cannot be used).
You should know:
 Voters born in PA can fill out a form asking PennDOT to certify their birth records. This process is FREE and takes ten days. Voters who receive a letter confirming their certification can use this letter in place of an official birth certificate, along with the other documents listed above, to obtain a photo ID for voting. Voters who re-ceive a letter saying their birth certificates cannot be certified should call the PA Division of Vital Records at 1-724-656-3100.
 Voters with drivers licenses expired for over a year may not need to bring any of the documents listed above if their information is still in PennDOT’s database. To determine this, call 1-800-932-4600.
 Voters can locate PennDOT driver’s license centers by calling 1-800-932-4600 or visiting

This information is provided by the Pennsylvania Voter ID Coalition.

Leave a Reply