Homemade gifts are some of the best gifts I give at Christmas. It makes the gift more personal and who doesn’t like to receive a homemade gift? Being the frugal gal that I am, I searched the web to find some of the best gifts to make. There are some wonderful craft projects in this list – and you don’t need to know how to sew or even consider yourself to be the “crafty type”.
1. Homemade Holiday Ornaments: Lots of easy to do crafts. I especially like the picture ornaments and the baked clay snowman.
2. Create Your Own Heirloom Photo Ornament: This is just lovely, and definite on my list this year to make.
3. Make A Distressed Photo Frame: The distressed look is in, and would be a great gift for someone who enjoys that decor.
4. Make A Christmas Snow Globe: You could use this same technique to create a snow globe of any theme, not just for Christmas.
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix In A Jar: Yum! A wonderful and simple gift to give.
6. Dog Biscuit Recipe: Can’t forget Fido. A great recipe for a yummy dog treat.
7. No Cook Food Gift Ideas: If you are short on time in the kitchen, here are some great gift ideas you can tie, wrap and basically just give.
8. Scented Potpourri: Recipes for Apple Spice, Regency Rose, and Summer Breeze.
9. Bead And Button Teacup: This teacup is for display purposes only, but it is a really cute craft that teens could make for teacher, mom, or grandma.
10. Make A Paper Bag Scrapbook: These scrapbooks are adorable and easy to make. You use paper bags as the album!
11. Decorative Dried Herbs In Oil: Make one of those fancy looking bottles!
12. Christmas Gifts From Your Kitchen: Some yummy recipes for delicious treats including Chocolate Billionaires (love the name); Swedish Nuts; Cinnamon Nut Mix; Mocha Walnuts; and Sugared Peanuts.
13. Make Your Own Garden Stepping Stones: We’ve done this for our yard but used the kits you buy at the store. I like this version better.
14. Personalized Towels: These do not require any sewing. You could use this technique to personalize almost any item.
15. Gifts In A Jar: There were just too many to choose from so here is the entire page. Many wonderful and easy gifts to make in a jar.
16. Fleece Blanket: Directions for how to make a no-sew snuggy fleece blanket.
17. Make An Altered Lunch Box: This is one of the newer craft techniques, using scrapbooking tools.
18. Craft Foam Christmas Ornaments: These are perfect to give as a gift or keep some for your own decorating
19. Make Gel Candles: Gel candles are very popular and a great gift idea. Here are the instructions so you can make your own.
20. No sew Sachet: Even the littlest kids can help to make this one.
21. Make A Friendship Bracelet: Great for teens or tweens. Get directions for how to make a friendship bracelet.
22. Christmas Pot Holder: Who wouldn’t love this adorable home made pot holder? You could make this in a non seasonal theme as well.
23. Folk Rag Doll: Great to give a little girl or for anyone who enjoys dolls.
Learn more @http://notmadeofmoney.com/blog/2006/11/50-homemade-gift-ideas-from-around-the-web.html