Out of the Box – Side Dishes
Maple and Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
2 tablespoons butter
4 strips turkey bacon, cut into 1⁄4–1⁄2-inch pieces
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1/4 cup of dried Cranberries
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons avocado oil
Cracked black pepper
1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
READ MORE STORIES:
- Lisa Leslie’s Guide To Spending Less Time In The Kitchen, But Still Serving Home-Cooked Meals [RECIPES]
- Banana Pudding Cupcakes Recipe
- 4 Reasons Adding Vinegar To Your Food Will Save Your Life
1. Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Turkey bacon if desired and cook for 5 minutes to render down. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until golden brown, another 2–3 minutes.
2. Add the Brussels sprouts and avocado oil and season with salt and pepper as desired. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally add dried cranberries sauté for 1 minute then Add 1⁄4 cup of the maple syrup and the balsamic vinegar. Reduce the temperature to medium and sauté for another 3 minutes to coat evenly.
3. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Chef Jernard Wells ‘Out of the Box’ Side Dishes: Maple and Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Recipe was originally published on getuperica.com
Philadelphia-Area Nurse Becomes First Black Woman to Compete in Women’s U.S. Polo Championship
What are the benefits of having faith?
Ex-Hubby Kevin Hunter Sues ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ For Wrongful Termination
Owners of Tony Luke’s Cheesesteak Chain Sentenced to Prison in $8M Tax Fraud Scheme
One Vote 2024: Urban One Launches Initiative To Empower Black Voters
Powerful Quotes to Uplift Black Men
Wendy Williams’ Rep Questions ‘The Source’ of Host’s Instagram Post
Escaped Philadelphia Teen Prisoner Shane Pryor Captured by U.S. Marshals