Pastor John Gray received a lot of backlash after meeting with Donald Trump a couple of weeks ago. His wife, Aventer Gray spoke about what she thought of it and she told him not to go. She didn’t understand at first why he was going, but then when he spoke about jail reform she thought it was okay.
Aventer also felt that people wouldn’t understand because they’re so broken by what the administration has done to so many people. John told her that he heard God’s voice and after that the conversation was over. He said that he honors the voice of his wife and her leadership, but sometime as a man you have to walk alone.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- White Woman Who Called Michelle Obama An ‘Ape In Heels’ Defrauded FEMA Of $18K
- Solomon Jones’ Big Three: US Coast Guard Lieutenant Accused Of Being A Domestic Terrorist Appears In Court For First Time
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More
- Solomon Jones’ Big Three: Empire Actor Jussie Smollett Surrenders To Chicago Police, Charged With Staging January Attack
- Solomon and Jay Talk Politics On The #BlackBald Podcast
- How DeVon Franklin’s New Book Will Give Men A Lesson On Learning How To Love
- A Biracial Family Was Having A Photoshoot In The Park When #SidewalkSally Attacked Them For ‘Trampling The Grass’
- Delaware State Police Officer Draws Gun During Traffic Stop Involving Black Driver
- Celebrate Nina Simone’s Birthday With This Inspirational Message
- “Behind The Lens, Hollywood’s Independent Film Makers” Tyler Perry