National Signing Day is a big deal in college football, TJ explains. When a young wide receiver named Jacob Copeland decided on national television which college he wanted to attend, he was surrounded by friends and family, including his mother, who was in an Alabama t-shirt. When her son announced his decision to go with the Florida Gators, his mother got up and walked away from him live on TV. They seemed to have made up later, and Jacob further updated folks on the situation via his Twitter.
But GRIFF explains why the mother’s decision to do that was a majorly scarring moment for her son, who was embarrassed and hurt on national television. GRIFF and Erica Campbell talk about the common parenting using of being a mean or hurtful tactics to try make an impression on your child. Empowering your children, not tearing them down, is the best way to go. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- How To Effectively Communicate With Someone With Dementia | Healthy Ever After
- The Art Of Losing Without Losing It With Erica Campbell | Dr. Willie Jolley
- How To Uncover Your True Beauty With Erica Campbell | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Deion Sanders: Sellout Or Blessing? | Get Up Poll
- Dr. Willie Jolley: What’s Age Got To Do With It? Live Your Life, All Of Your Life
- Bishop Marvin Sapp Talks ‘You Kept Me,’ The Search For New Talent & More
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: 20 Ideas To Change Your Life
- Why Do Black Voters Matter In Georgia? Black Voters Matters’ LaTosha Brown Explains Why
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: How Gratitude Can Save Your Life
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley Principles To Win BIG: Happiness Is In Direct Proportion To Gratitude
Why You Shouldn’t Be Mean Or Spiteful In Parenting Your Kids [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com