As people get back into their week after the holiday weekend, all anybody can talk about is “Black Panther.” The film debuted in theaters over the weekend, grossing over $400 million worldwide. Erica Campbell talks about how rewarding it was to see her daughter, Krista, react to all the images of all those beautiful black people, especially dark-skinned women, as warriors and royalty onscreen.
GRIFF talks about some of the beautiful moments in the film that highlighted cultural unity on a level we don’t typically see on screen. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Rickey Smiley’s Son, Brandon, Passed Away At 32
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Todd Dulaney Debuts “It’s Working” Featuring Bishop Hezekiah Walker
- 5 Memphis Police Officers Who Fatally Beat Tyre Nichols Charged With Murder
- Video Of Bethune-Cookman Football Players Sharing Helmets Spotlights Ed Reed’s Concerns About Resources
- Emmett Till’s Family, “Till” Director Respond to Oscars Snub
- MNRK Music Group Celebrates Nominations For The 54th NAACP Image Awards
- CeCe Winans Releases New Music Video And Prepares For Upcoming Tour
- Waymond ‘Chef Way’ Wesley Resigns As Texas Prosecutor After Disparaging Black Women In Hateful Tweets
- Spike Lee to Receive the WGA East’s Ian McLellan Hunter Award for Career Achievement at 75th Annual Writers Guild Awards
Erica Campbell Shares The Joy Of Seeing Her Kids React To “Black Panther” [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com