Image: Nancy Rokos (www.phillyburbs.com)
- “When it doubt, throw it out!”
- Refrigerators should be 40 degrees or lower!
- If you have a cooler, it should keep food cold for about four hours.
- To report power outages, Peco customers should call the emergency number 1-800-841-4141
- Also, you can use your cell to report outages by accessing http://www.peco.com
- Use battery-powered flashlights!
- Use a battery-powered radio and clock
- Keep in mind it could take multiple days before power is restored.
- Check your house for structural damage, gas leaks and loose power lines.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- For insurance purposes, make sure to take pictures of damage.
- If you have any questions or complaints, call the Pennsylvania Insurance Department at 877-881-6388.
No Phone Service
- Go to your provider’s website via your cell to check for outages.
Source: Andrew Eiser, Philadelphia Daily News
Also On Praise Philly: