If you are feeling like you really got off track with the wonderful delights of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, don’t worry! You can get back on track today! Get ready and set to go with small steps in which you can take each day.
1. Eat a healthy breakfast! It sets the stage for the rest of your day! Browse the web for healthy breakfast ideas that work for you!.
2. Drink your water! I’m saying it because I need to hear it to be reminded as well to aim for 8 glasses of water each day! I know for sure you will feel the difference!
3. Get moving! Take baby steps by starting off by exercising at least for 10 minutes and then gradually add more minutes until you reach at least 30 minutes a day. You can try things such as jumping rope, riding a bike, taking the stairs, gardening, marching in place or taking prayer walks; which are one of my favorites! Whatever you decide on, check with your doctor first.
4. Pace yourself during meals. If you eat slowly you are more likely to enjoy your meal and less likely to overeat.
5. Get an accountability buddy! This person will listen to you and encourage you along the way. Therefore, share your goals with your buddy and you’ll be more accountable!
7. Keep track of your food! Tracking your food and how it adds up can teach you a lot about your eating habits; such as where you are on the way to where you want to be! You’ll be surprise what you’ll learn!
8. Listen to inspirational music! Make a list of music that gives you the boost you need! Because sometimes you have to encourage yourself!
Source: Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor & Health Educator at www.sparkpeople.com