1. Install window guards on second floor windows and higher. But always make sure guards can be opened in case of emergency
2. Never let children to ride on lawn mowers with you. Each year 9,400 children are injured in mower related accidents. Make sure they are in the house with another adult before your mow the lawn.
3. Do not leave a child unattended near any campfire or barbeque. Remind children fire pits and grill stay hot for hours after use.
4. Leave the fireworks to the pros. There is no such thing as safe fireworks at home.
5. Make sure your child has a properly fitted helmet and pads. With the proper protection your child can avoid injury when ride their bikes, scooters or skates.
Source: Parent Magazine