0 reads Leave a comment
Save time and cash this summer with 7 frugal activities you can do with the family!
- Staycations: Who says you have to leave home to have fun. There’s likely plenty to do right around the corner from your home. Check the local paper for some fun in the sun ideas without leaving home.
- State Parks: For a $10 day pass, there are countless things you can do in a state park, from hiking to camping.
- Summer Movie Time: Check your local movie theater for $1 matinees on certain days during the summer.
- Plan Travel Frugally: If you are itching to get out of Dodge, plan trips to destinations where you have friends or family that you can stay with. Then reciprocate the offer when they come to your neck of the woods.
- Bike Rides: The key to happy parents is exhausted children. Exhausted kids sleep well and don’t drive you nuts with their hyper-activity. This summer enjoy free activities like family bike rides, open gyms, public playgrounds, free zoo days, or just stay home and run through the sprinkler.
- Public Library: Check out your public library. You will be amazed at what most of them offer for free during the summer months. Things like daily story time, arts and crafts, and other fun.
- Camping: Some of your child’s best memories often come from the campground. At approximately $20 a night, you can’t go wrong. Once you have invested in some basic camping supplies, you are good-to-go for years to come.
Source: U.S. News