Mother’s Day invokes fond memories and passionate thoughts. You recall all the great times that you and your mother spent together. If you were blessed enough to have one count your blessings. If your mother is still with you count them even more.
1. If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you? I bet you just laughed.The truth is, I did a lot of stupid things in my teens and early twenties because it’s what everyone else was doing – or worse, what I thought everyone else was doing. Learning to do things because they are the right choice is skill only moms can give
2. If you’re that bored, clean your room. Not only will your home or office be neater, but giving your hands some busy work do to can help your mind get “unstuck” and provide you with inspiration for loftier things than cleaning.
3. Beds are not made for jumping on. How many studies have we heard recently that less technology in our bedroom makes us sleep better…
4. Go Play outside! Spending time outdoors helps our bodies produce vitamin C and keep depression at bay. It’s hard to be your best unless you’re getting ample exercise and fresh air so the next time it’s nice outside, go play outside for a bit or at least take a walk around the block during your lunch break).
Take a look at some of our favorite moms: Gallery: Inspiring Moms We Love
5. How do you know you don’t like it if you don’t try it? Our preconceived notions can prevent us from trying things that could add richness and joy to our lives. Don’t dismiss things out of hand. Be willing to give things a try before discounting them.
6. Don’t slouch, sit up straight. Good posture isn’t only more attractive, but it’s easier on your back, neck and shoulders. Sitting up straight is also more conducive to breathing properly, which can help relieve stress.
7. If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Honesty is important but it’s not always necessary to share your opinion. When you treat others with kindness and compassion, you’re not only saving their feelings but you are also helping to move your life towards a more positive point of view. This is my personal mantra. All my friends and co workers know when I go silent that means nothing great to say at this moment!
8. I love you. Your mother is right; you are a person worthy of love and respect. Never lose sight of the fact that no matter who you are or what you have or haven’t done; you are lovable and full of potential. Love yourself unconditionally and treat yourself with the kindness that you deserve.
What are the benefits of having faith?
Powerful Quotes to Uplift Black Men
NFL Likely to Take Action After Eagles Director of Security Was Involved in a Player Altercation
What Happened To Shakeira Rucker? Black Mother’s Body Found In Florida Storage Unit
Kylie Kelce Autographed Vintage Philadelphia Eagles Jacket Sells for $100,000 at Auction
3 ‘Karens’ And A ‘Karen’ Cop: These Viral Videos Show Why Racial Profiling Reports Still Matter
A Sound That Defines A People: Henry Louis Gates Jr. Announces New PBS Series ‘GOSPEL’
Wait With Patience | Faith Walking