EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH in effect from Friday afternoon through Saturday, July 7, 8:00 PM!
According to the National Weather Service, the heat index values for the next couple of days are as follows:
Around 100 this afternoon, Thursday and Friday and soars to 105 on Saturday!
Beat The Heat Tips:
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids
- Stay in an air conditioned room
- Stay out of the sun
- Check up on elderly relatives and neighbors
- When and if possible, reschedule strenuous activity to early morning or evening, if you work or spend time outside
- If you are using a fan, please make sure the windows are also opened
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing
- Take plenty of rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments
- Make sure pets have access to plenty of cool water, a shaded area and well-ventilated area. To be on the safe side, bring the pets into an air conditioned place
- Please never leave any person or animal in a parked vehicle for any length of time